I'm so excited to share these 5 easy ways to accessorize a basic outfit. If I’m being honest, some days I just don’t feel like gettin’ alllll dressed up! I just want to grab my favorite t-shirt, my tried & true jeans and get out the door. I know that sometimes it can be difficult to find the right accessory, but lucky for you I've done all of the work for you!
Here are my style tips for dressing up a basic outfit~
1. WEAR A STATEMENT NECKLACE ~ this simple, easy add can pull together an entire look! I love slipping on large medallions, a long strand of sparkly beads, or even a wow-factor stack! Pull colors from your outfit and choose the one that you want to stand out. I like choosing the tiny detail colors of a patterned blouse or dress and accent my jewelry with that color to really make it stand out. If bold colors aren’t your thing, pick a neutral like white or gold and go for a more subtle statement.
2. ADD BOLD EARRINGS~ My favorite way to take an outfit from simple to statement is a great pair of bold weightless earrings! Earrings are also a great way to add a POP to a solid color dress or top! House of Fancy is committed to bringing extra light-weight, hypoallergenic statement earrings that are sure to make you stand out.
3. POP ON A HEADBAND~ Oh if I had a dollar for every time a headband saved the day, I’d be on permanent vacation! Theres no shame in a messy bun any more, simply pop on a headwrap or bold print head band and out the door you go in style. A total “I meant to do that” moment! This look comes with a disclaimer: I would stray away from a statement dangle earring and opt for a simple stud~ like our Texas Sized Stud. A little accessory goes a long way when you’re framing your face, so tame the earrings with this look.
4. HAND ME A HANDBAG ~ If there’s one accessory that’s stylish AND practical, its a purse! We’ve got have allll the things with us at allll times (am I right?!), so why not make a statement! I never leave my house without a tote, cross-body or clutch so House Of Fancy has you covered! From day to night, big and small, casual and dressy … we’ve got them all!
5. STACK SOME BRACELETS~ combining a sweet stack of bracelets mixes colors and textures for a little whimsy! I love to add the fur wren snaps with bangles and jewels! Or if I’m feeling some simple elegance, one single strand of the goes with anything bracelet does the trick! We’re women, we talk with our hands, it’s what we do…accessorize the show!
I hope this helps you take your favorite tee, your basic blouse or your go-to maxi dress to the next level. Compose the perfect, compliment worthy, outing outfit… go forth and accessorize, friend! Life should be FANCY!